Saturday 5 September 2015

Dee Street corner

I'm back in Belfast and liking being at home. I'm excited about a couple of things happening here over the next few weeks - the European Heritage open days next weekend, when many of my favourite old buildings will be open to the public (check out the programme here), and Culture Night on Friday 18 September, always a fantastic night out.

And the city is looking pretty at the moment, in its own inimitably stylish/tattered/ugly/beautiful way.

Like the Titanic mural on the corner of Dee Street. There seems to be less of it attached to the wall every time I go past. It's gorgeous, but I'm torn between my love of peeling paint and my concern that it will soon fall right off onto the street. These shots are from back in May, and it seems to have become more fragile since then.








No comments:

Post a Comment