Saturday 24 January 2015

Rise

Today I had a second attempt at photographing Wolfgang Buttress's fabulous RISE sculpture on the Broadway Roundabout. Or the Balls on the Falls, as it's more colloquially known. I was fortunate with the light and the range of potential angles - within about fifteen minutes I got clear, light blue skies leading to the beginnings of a lovely sunset. All much better than my failure two weeks ago, when I forgot to bring either a rain protector or a lens cloth for my camera. And raindrops kept falling on my lens.



RISE is a lovely example of the structural principle of tensegrity, which I'd never heard of before today, but is really quite interesting. The structures which it informs are elegant, airy and strong - it's worth doing  a little image search using this term.







No comments:

Post a Comment